commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ang] pre 2.3 build
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:20:36 GMT
On 1/4/07, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > Anything need fixing up before doing the real build?
>
> I don't like the new table on the home page. I think it provides too
> much information, and mainly information that isn't that relevant.

Yeah, I was experimenting. I definitely like it - I think it helps
with the structure of the page - but definitely nothing to hold up a
release. I'd much rather improve the downloads.xml to be a release.xml
and contain all versions etc. Then this kind of info could sit in
there.

> Its also inconsistent with the other similar commons sites, notably in
> that releases is now above documentation. (Yes, I know this is minor,
> but all this helps consistency. If we do change this, we should change
> it elsewhere too.)

Fixed.

> If it is to be kept then perhaps the release notes column should always
> have the text 'release notes'? and the javadoc column 'javadoc'. Perhaps
> there should be a download column? Also, javadoc for 1.0 isn't online,
> so a symlink to 1.0.1 would need to be created.

1.0 now online.

> And if we do keep it, then perhaps the releases and documentation
> section should be merged.

Agreed, if it stays then the documentaiton section could just fold into it.

> I think the best solution would be to move the data to a separate
> release history page? The home page then just references the download
> and javadoc of the latest version, probably in a combined releases and
> documentation section.

I'll change to this.

Hen