commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] 1.2.2 RC1 available for review
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 01:00:10 GMT
> I have created a release candidate for DBCP 1.2.2.

No KEYS file (I got your key from Math). So this is mostly a reminder
to add yourself to the DBCP one. .asc's look good once I found the
key.

You're using the old way of release - nowadays we're svelte and
modern. We create the release as if it was the real thing - 1.2.2
rather than 1.2.2-rc1, upload to a directory with 1.2.2-rc1/ and tag
it 1.2.2-rc1, and then rollback the versions in svn.  jar/pom wouldn't
go into the snapshot repo then though - just put them in the same
directory as the rc.

I suspect this still needs documenting. Shame on me (and others who've
done the releases this way :) ). I wonder how Maven-2 is going to
affect it.

I committed a change for the build.properties.sample based on trying
to use Ant. Very minor - hopefully not something that would be an
inconvenience.

Src builds happily with Ant and Maven. Exceptions with Ant, but I'm
assuming it's okay as the build completes.

MD5s pass.

This page should mention 1.2.2:

http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.2.2-RC1/docs/downloads.html

and a 1.2.2.html page is needed.

The two links to javadocs in the navbar point to the same javadoc.
Either they shouldn't, or one should be removed.

Otherwise - looks good.

Hen