commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] Stable links to javadoc for released versions
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 17:51:05 GMT
> The [dbcp] javadoc includes links to [pool] APIs.  Currently, [dbcp]'s
> maven.javadoc.links points to http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/pool/apidocs,
> which is no good, since this will in general point to the current
> development API.  I was going to fix this by following the convention that
> we use in [math] that /math/api-x.y/ will be a stable URL for the
> x.yrelease javadoc.  Are there any objections to this change to the
> [pool] web
> site?  I will upload 1.2 and 1.3 javadoc and create a menu like [math] has,
> if there are no objections.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether
http://vmbuild.apache.org/~commons/javadocs/commons-dbcp/ can be
integrated somehow?

My aim is to put all the javadoc in one place rather than splatter it
through our websites (currently the snapshots update nightly). Apart
from the recent releases, I think I have most javadoc collected there.
Obviously the url isn't good.

It comes to about half a gig of space for commons. I could approach
infra to see if we can setup a /www/docs.apache.org/javadoc/ directory
to put it in? Looks like we have about 255M of it in
/www/jakarta.apache.org/commons/ already.

Hen