commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "MathWishList" by AlexMarshall
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:00:32 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by AlexMarshall:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/MathWishList

        * Implementing algorithms for practicality, and look into optimizing the algorithms
(in terms of implementing it).
   * AbstractStorelessUnivariateStatistic.evaluate(...) and all the workhorse implementations
in subclasses should be static methods. -- NickGuenther
   * StandardDeviation has versions of .evaluate which take a precalculated mean. It would
be nice if the same sort of thing could be had for all the other measures (e.g. skewness &
kurtosis should be able to take both precalculated means and standard deviations) -- NickGuenther
+  * A 'between' function for checking number ranges.  I've searched and could not find one,
but if this functionality already exists, please contact me -- AlexMarshall