commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: VFS and EMF Awareness
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:41:00 GMT
Hey Mario,

Eclipse might be one area, but EMF is part of the
Eclipse Modeling Toolset, so it's a completely
separate API from what Eclipse Core uses (Although a
lot of other projects, like BIRT, use it).

EMF loads Model files used in code generation, etc. so
I'm guessing that was their initial goal for the API.

So if for instance VFS had a URI Facade like EMF does,
perhaps EMF could just switch to VFS, and VFS would
get documentation taken care of there (If it's not
already, I need to play with it more) while EMF gets a
richer URI API...

Just hypothesizing...

The guys on the EMF tools mailling list are super
friendly and helpful, and someone usually responds
within five minutes, so I'm sure they would be hear
from the VFS team.

If you did want to look at the source, here are the
CVS parameters:

Connection Type: pserver
host: dev.eclipse.org
Repository Path: /cvsroot/tools