commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [all] jarfiles in svn
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 17:11:10 GMT
--- Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org> wrote:
[SNIP]
> This is a red herring. One way or another, you're
> going to have to get the
> jars from the network, whether it's getting them
> from SVN, or having Maven
> or Ant retrieve them. And in all of those three
> cases, once you have them on
> your local machine, you don't need the network to
> build the next time.

Fairly recently in Ant we switched our build to
dynamically obtain (if necessary) the maven2 ant tasks
to get our optional dependencies for full builds.
Steve Loughran put it together initially; I later
refined (IMHO) it.  ;)  I actually extracted it all
into a single Ant buildfile (fetch.xml) with the
intent of using it in commons-openpgp (again, I never
got around to actually doing it), but if/when my
committer status goes through I could adapt jxpath to
use this means of optionally obtaining dependencies
and see how it goes over.

-Matt

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/lib/

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/tools/lib/