commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] releases
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 00:38:01 GMT

> Updating this thread; Digester, DbUtils, FileUpload and Discovery are
> now all released. That leaves us with:
>
> * Logging 1.1.1 - I see 3 fixed issues in JIRA and nothing left to do.
> However there are 7 issues without a version which might mean they've
> not been looked at.

I have reviewed the JIRA comments on the seven unversioned issues, although
I have not looked at the  proposed patches.  All of them have had extensive
discussion (although none very recently), and seem to have a variety of
concerns noted in the comments.  None of the issues strike me as things that
are urgently needed for a 1.1.1 release, although it makes sense to look at
them in the context of a 1.2 or 2.0.

That being said, one of the fixes currently in the trunk was to fix the
botched Maven metdata that did not declare the various logging
implementation libraries to be optional.  This causes a lot of pain for C-L
1.1 users who build with Maven, and therefore (in my book) justifies a
1.1.1release sooner rather than later.

*That* being said :-), I don't have time to be RM for this, so I'm just
hoping someone is willing to pick up that ball, and that the other
developers agree with my assessments above.

Craig