commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE][VFS] release commons-vfs 1.0 based on RC10
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:51:13 GMT
Hi Mario,

first a question to all: Is it consensus that we use groupId commons-vfs? I
just wondered that it was taken for the first release, since we'll switch
to org.apache.commons ...

But since we have to switch/relocate a lot of projects, one more does not
really matter :)

Mario Ivankovits wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Please don't laugh ... I don't know if there ever was a "to be released"
> Jakarta project with so many RCs. Be patient with me, I hope in the future
> we can go more straight forward.
>

> Changed:
> * The ant build succeeded, but in the resulting jar the LICENSE.txt was
> missing (only NOTICE.txt is copied to META-INF).
>

> Please find the RC at
> http://people.apache.org/~imario/vfs
>
> The site can be reviewed at
> http://people.apache.org/~imario/vfs-1.0/site
>

> ------------
> [ ] +1  I support this release
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -0
> [ ] -1  I do not support this release because...
> ------------
>

> Thanks for your time!

running the tests on Linux with JDK 5/Maven. The Ant build chokes for all
get-dep goals e.g.:

====== %< ======
get-custom-dep-commons-net.jar:

get-dep-commons-net.jar:
      [get] Getting:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-net/jars/commons-net-1.4.1.jar
      [get]
To: /home/joehni/.maven/repository/commons-net/jars/commons-net-1.4.1.jar
      [get] Getting:
http://people.apache.org/repository/commons-net/jars/commons-net-1.4.1.jar
      [get]
To: /home/joehni/.maven/repository/commons-net/jars/commons-net-1.4.1.jar
      [get] Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://people.apache.org/repository/commons-net/jars/commons-net-1.4.1.jar
      [get] Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://people.apache.org/repository/commons-net/jars/commons-net-1.4.1.jar
      [get] Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://people.apache.org/repository/commons-net/jars/commons-net-1.4.1.jar
      [get] Can't get
http://people.apache.org/repository/commons-net/jars/commons-net-1.4.1.jar
to /home/joehni/.maven/repository/commons-net/jars/commons-net-1.4.1.jar
====== %< ======

Shouldn't this goal now try to download from mirrors.ibiblio.org ? The fun
part is, that all those deps are in my Maven 1 repo and the compilation
went fine afterwards ;-)

Although some tests are expected to fail, I have also a failure in the
VirtualProviderTestCase that makes me wonder:

====== %< ======

Testsuite: org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.test.VirtualProviderTestCase
Tests run: 58, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 5,25 sec

------------- Standard Output ---------------
skipping testAbsoluteURI because fs does not have cap URI
skipping testRandomRead because fs does not have cap RANDOM_ACCESS_READ
skipping testRandomWrite because fs does not have cap RANDOM_ACCESS_READ
skipping testRenameFile because fs does not have cap RENAME
skipping testURL because fs does not have cap URI
skipping testURLContent because fs does not have cap URI
skipping testUnknownURL because fs does not have cap URI
skipping testFolderURL because fs does not have cap URI
skipping testLoadClass because fs does not have cap URI
skipping testLoadResource because fs does not have cap URI
skipping testSealing because fs does not have cap URI
created threads still running:
#1: main
org.apache.commons.vfs.cache.SoftRefFilesCache$SoftRefReleaseThread
daemon  null

------------- ---------------- ---------------
------------- Standard Error -----------------
19.12.2006 23:11:33 org.apache.commons.vfs.VfsLog info
INFO:
Using "/home/joehni/java/commons-vfs-1.0-src/target/test-classes/test-data/temp"
as temporary files store.
.
.
.
.
------------- ---------------- ---------------
Testcase:
testSetLastModified(org.apache.commons.vfs.test.LastModifiedTests):FAILED
expected:<1.16656636E12> but was:<1.16656623E12>
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<1.16656636E12> but
was:<1.16656623E12>
        at
org.apache.commons.vfs.test.LastModifiedTests.testSetLastModified(LastModifiedTests.java:78)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.commons.vfs.test.AbstractProviderTestCase.runTest(AbstractProviderTestCase.java:197)
        at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22)
        at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19)
        at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)

Is this expected for some fs ?

- Jörg