commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject [commons-parent] Make deployment URL pluggable
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 00:49:22 GMT
Hi,

in light of

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=116560781629523&w=2

and following a suggestion by Jörg Schaible, I'd like to propose the
attached patch. It introduces properties

    commons.deployment.protocol
    commons.deployment.release.url
    commons.deployment.rc.url

The former is specifies as "scp" and may be overwritten, for example,
to be "scpexe". The others are used by the "release" and "rc"
profiles, respectively. Both are referencing
${commons.deployment.protocol}.

In other words, the proposed patch is upwards compatible with the
current settings, except that it allows to override the deployment
protocol or URL. Both makes sense, IMO. For example, nightly builds
might wish to override the "rc" URL.

Thoughts? If noone else intervenes, I'll apply the patch.

Jochen

murder, yes, but divorce, never.
(Jack Benny)