commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [commons-parent] Make deployment URL pluggable
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 06:37:24 GMT
On 12/28/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in light of
>
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=116560781629523&w=2
>
> and following a suggestion by Jörg Schaible, I'd like to propose the
> attached patch. It introduces properties
>
>     commons.deployment.protocol
>     commons.deployment.release.url
>     commons.deployment.rc.url
>
> The former is specifies as "scp" and may be overwritten, for example,
> to be "scpexe". The others are used by the "release" and "rc"
> profiles, respectively. Both are referencing
> ${commons.deployment.protocol}.
>
> In other words, the proposed patch is upwards compatible with the
> current settings, except that it allows to override the deployment
> protocol or URL. Both makes sense, IMO. For example, nightly builds
> might wish to override the "rc" URL.
>
> Thoughts? If noone else intervenes, I'll apply the patch.

<snip/>

Meant to get back to this (but got distracted). Thanks for following
up with a proposal.

Since that thread, we now have more data points about scpexe://
because I had the same problem with the Shale master pom (see thread
linked in from the comment in issue below for feedback received from
Linux, Windows -- with and without Cygwin -- and Mac users):

 http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-369

So, it seems just changing scp:// to scpexe:// is a decent solution
(and simpler). Are you still +0 to that?

-Rahul