commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Betwixt 0.8
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 02:11:56 GMT
On 12/11/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 11:12 -0500, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
<snip/>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/betwixt/KEYS

<snap/>

Should've looked there, thanks.

> > Also, I personally favor (now) the style with which we've made the
> > last four releases out of Commons (final artifact versions, no need to
> > rebuild artifacts after vote). I'm generally plus zero (spelling it
> > out so its not confused with a vote) to the older style, such as this
> > vote.
>
> i seem to remember bad experiences with leakages to ibiblio long ago but
> if this isn't a probably any more, i'd prefer to vote on artifacts.

<snip/>

I think these days we're doing OK, things can get there mostly through
the Apache dist/ space (or I presume if a project developer contacts
the Maven team -- they require "proof of developer status" before
accepting distros, IIUC -- but thats probably not too relevant for ASF
projects).

> however, i haven't really kept up on the current fashions in the commons
> so i'm not sure what the current consensus is.
<snap/>

Not everyone has expressed an opinion on this, so we don't know. When
Craig brought this up some of us agreed, and no one seemed to
disagree.

> what i'll do is keep this
> thread running for those who prefer to vote on candidates. if there are
> too few votes, i'll cut a release and people can vote on that instead.

<snip/>

Sure.

-Rahul