commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Commons JEXL 1.1
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:36:54 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:58 PM:

> On 12/12/06, Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schaible@elsag-solutions.com> wrote:
>> Niall Pemberton wrote on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 9:35 AM:
>>
>>> JEXL 1.1 doesn't appear to have been added to the m2 rsync
>>> directory:
>>>

> http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/comm
> ons-jexl/jars/
>>
>> It's available in the M1 & M2 central repo though:
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-jexl/commons-jexl/1.1/
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven/commons-jexl/jars/
>
> OK thanks - so I guess its the same m1 not redirecting issue then and
> pointing to the above would have sorted it.
>
>> Note, that you should never publish artifacts to a synched
> M1 and M2 repo, since this replication is done on the central
> repo side.
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean by the above. We publish jars/poms
>     to the m1 rsync directory:
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository
>
> Everything else gets taken care of automatically right? (i.e.
> http://repo1.maven.org and ibiblio)

Yep. <shrug>I made once the mistake and put the artifacts of a release in a synched
M1 and M2 repo - with the result, that you can get different artifacts depending on which
repo you're refering</shrug>. Therefore I just want to assure, that nobody tries to
deploy the artifacts a second time ... since apache has a M2 repo also at http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository.

- Jörg