commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE][VFS] commons-vfs 1.0 RC9
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:31:16 GMT
Release looks good to me. I ran the RAT tool (0.3 version) and it
didn't hightlight anything of consequence (i.e. test files).
Site/docs, jar, distros all look good - didn't run the tests since
setting up the server on windoze looked too hard.

Personally I'd kick off the vote straight away since there are only a
few changes since RC8 and people had a while to review that. Also the
closer you get to Christmas the less attention its probably going to
get and you need minimum 72 hrs for a vote.

Niall

> Hi!
>
> The commons vfs community is happy to announce the availability of a new commons-vfs
1.0 RC.

> Please find the RC at
> http://people.apache.org/~imario/vfs
>
> The site can be reviewed at
> http://people.apache.org/~imario/vfs-1.0/site
>

> This is the first RC which uses the "new naming style". Means:
>
> *) the site and jars already have the "correct" name, we just have to copy them to the
right place if the vote for a release passed. The advantage is, that we do not have to rebuild
the artifact after the vote. What we've voted on WILL BE the release then.
> *) in SVN it will show up as vfs-1.0-RC as long as it is in "expert opinion" (pre release
vote) stage. After the vote this directory will be copied to vfs-1.0. I've decided to NOT
document the various RC tries in svn as there is not much of use of it, IMHO.