commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] Using Maven 2 for everything
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 17:27:23 GMT
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On 12/30/06, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> 3. The class files in the test jars are different.
>
> Out of curiosity: How did you detect that?

I wanted to make *really* sure that everything was OK, so I build
everything with both Ant and Maven 2. Then I unpacked the jars that were
created by each build. After that I used a diff tool [1] to see which
files were different. The tool handles binary files as well, but I
couldn't see what the difference was. The first thing that sprung to
mind was that they had different class versions. So I googled a bit and
found this Swing based tool [2] that can tell you the version of a
class, among other things.

[1] Araxis Merge, Commercial for Windows only
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/classeditor/

--
Dennis Lundberg