commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introducing commons-skin
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 14:36:27 GMT
Boris Unckel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>> OK, I think I've got it this time. As it turned out I had put in my
>> stylesheet rules in a different place than they should be, so I ended
>> up having contradicting rules for the same selector. The conflicts
>> have been solved and the rules have been moved to the appropriate
>> section in the css file.
>>
>> This solves the all the problems I have seen. I have tested this with:
>> - Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows
>> - Internet Explorer 6 on Windows
>> - Firefox 2.0.0.0 on Ubuntu
>> - Konqueror 3.5.2 on Kubuntu
>>
>> Here's yet another staged site for commons-lang. Please help me and
>> try it out on the platforms that had problems before.
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/commons-lang5/
>>

> I have tested with:
> - Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows Vista RC1 (my personal reference)
> - looks fine
> - Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista RC1
> -- looks fine, except headings (Commons Lang, Development, Project
> Documentation, Commons) on the left nav bar are larger than in Firefox

There is a wellknown IE-bug-workaround in the css, that came along from
maven-classic-skin, that might be the cause of this. Perhaps MS has
fixed the bug in IE7? Anyway, you should be able to see the same
difference in size on this site:

   http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/commons-lang3/

Can you confirm that?

> -- no show stopper (How many developers using Jakarta Commons are IE
> users AND will care about that?)
> - Opera 9.10 on Windows Vista RC1
> - looks fine, I do not see any difference to Firefox
>
> Regards
> Boris

Thanks for your help in testing this!

--