commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [commons-parent] Make deployment URL pluggable
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:44:10 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> On 29.12.2006, at 16:31, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>
>> Rahul Akolkar wrote:
>>> On 12/29/06, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>>> <snip/>

>>> <snap/>
>>> scpexe (see patch at the bottom of the email -- yes, formatting will
>>> be off) defaults to the 'scp' executable for transport.
>>
>> Sorry, I wasn't being clear. I want to be able to use the "scp:"
>> *protocol* so that I don't need to worry about installing and
>> configuring an scp *executable*. The "scp:" protocol uses JSch [1] a
>> pure Java implementation of ssh2.
>
> ...which does not utilize ssh-agent (last time I tied)
> Does that work now?

There seems to be circumstances when "scp:" protocol does not work. I
just haven't encountered them myself. But since they exist, there is
good reason to be able to change the protocol for these cases. That
being said I think that "scp:" should be the default, as it covers most
use cases.

--
Dennis Lundberg