commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introducing commons-skin
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:05:27 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> Thanks, Dennis!
>
> On 12/27/06, Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 12/27/06, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Looks good - nice work :)
>> >
>> > Only bit that leaps out to me as missing are the little arrows to
>> > symbolize external links. We may not care.
>>

>> Actually, I like those. :-)
>
> A couple of things I noticed:
>>
>> * The "Docs for 2.2" is missing. Personally, I think it's important to
>> know
>> the version that I'm looking at, so I hope that can be put back.
>

> That should be no problem - that is the content.  I think Dennis was just
> testing the skin.
>
> * The current page now shows in the menu as black, and looks the same as a
>> menu heading. Previously it was bolded blue, which made it a distinct
>> style
>> from other items and from the headers.
>
> Other than that, they look a lot alike. ;-)
>

> The skin looks great to me - I don't have any problems with the arrows or
> menu bolding.  I am, however, seeing a problem that I have seen before on
> Firefox.  Could be a Firefox/Linux abnormality.  Using Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U;
> Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061208 Firefox/2.0.0.1, I get this:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/newLang.jpg

I see something similar when I enlarge the font size (CTRL +) 2 times
when using Mozilla 2.0.0.1 on Windows. Nothing like it shows up for the
M1 site, so I'm guessing the problem is in the way that M2 generates the
html+css. Have you seen this on other M2 sites besides in Commons? It
doesn't seem to matter how wide the navigation column is either. I tried
making it wider but the effect is still there.

--
Dennis Lundberg