commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject [ANNOUNCE][VFS] commons-vfs 1.0 RC9
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2006 14:52:39 GMT
Hi!

The commons vfs community is happy to announce the availability of a new commons-vfs 1.0 RC.

Please find the RC at
http://people.apache.org/~imario/vfs

The site can be reviewed at
http://people.apache.org/~imario/vfs-1.0/site

This is the first RC which uses the "new naming style". Means:

*) the site and jars already have the "correct" name, we just have to copy them to the right
place if the vote for a release passed. The advantage is, that we do not have to rebuild the
artifact after the vote. What we've voted on WILL BE the release then.
*) in SVN it will show up as vfs-1.0-RC as long as it is in "expert opinion" (pre release
vote) stage. After the vote this directory will be copied to vfs-1.0. I've decided to NOT
document the various RC tries in svn as there is not much of use of it, IMHO.

I hope everything is fine now so that we can start the vote mid next week.
I'd like to have it as Christmas or New-Year present :-)

Ciao,
Mario