commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Silvester <b005...@bsxl.com>
Subject [io] New StreamResolver interface.
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 01:41:39 GMT
Hi,

I've built and am using a StreamResolver interface which I find useful,
and wondered if anyone here would be interested in adding it to the
commons-io library.

The basic interface is pretty simple, and is intended to allow simple
access to input/output streams, without having to worry about the
mechanics of exactly where/what kind of stream they are.

    public interface StreamResolver {
        public boolean exists(String path);
        public InputStream openInputStream(String path);
        public OutputStream openOutputStream(String path);
        public String resolvePath(String path);
    }

I've currently got the following implementations:

    FileStreamResolver - a basic resolver just using a file path.
    ZipStreamResolver - uses base resolver to access a zip file, and
provides access to files within the archive.
    ServletStreamResolver - based on a ServletContext, using
getResourceAsStream() internally.

If anyone wants to checkout my current implementation, you can currently
find it at http://bsxl.com/tmp/stream-resolver.tgz.

If anyone is interested in this, I'll be happy to format it as per the
guidelines, and contribute it to the project.

Cheers,

Bill