commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CLI 2
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 07:32:42 GMT
On 12/9/06, Ðavîd Låndïs <dlandis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me why the cli 2 project died? I would hope an update to the
> website (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/cli/) at least could be made
> since it is a Jakarta project and should have some standards.

Those working on the cli2 version became inactive without getting a
release out. It's been stuck since. I dug into it six months back -
seems that cli2 is much preferred to cli2 as an API though when I sat
and played with it I didn't find it much fun. After prodding it a bit,
I ended up deciding that I didn't need a suits-everyone CLI engine, I
just needed a way to pass configuration in and switched to Commons
Configuration (using a .properties file). One of my todo's is to write
a simple command-line implementation for Configuration (unless it has
one... seemed that it didn't at the time).

Hen