commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "VfsNext" by JonSeymour
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2006 13:52:51 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JonSeymour:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/VfsNext

The comment on the change is:
added some items to the non-confirmed wish list

  The best chance to get those added is by contribute them ;-)

-
  === Eclipse enabled VFS JARs ===

  In addition to the current plugin model, use the OSGi plugin model to allow configuration
of e.g. additional filesystem providers.
@@ -106, +105 @@

  ----

  == non confimed ==
+ Attribute API. This is useful for things like storing attributes of XML element in the XML
filesystem (I did it but it is not standard), JNDI VFS (if I do it), or more simply, to retrieve
infos like access rights (rwx) or file ownership in (ext2) filesystems. Such an API would
allow an WebDAV server to be implemented on-top of a commons VFS.
- Attribute API. This is useful for things like storing attributes of XML element in the XML
filesystem (I did it but it is not standard),
- JNDI VFS (if I do it), or more simply, to retrieve infos like access rights (rwx) or file
ownership in (ext2) filesystems

  a VFS on top of apache's configuration package

+ === Spring-friendly ===
+
+ A Spring-friendly configuration interface, that allows file system managers to be fully
configured as Spring beans. Such an interface would allow also junctions to be specified.
+
+ === Support For Writing ISO-9660 and Joliet images ===
+
+ It'd be nice to be able to construct a CD or DVD layout using file system operations and
then "burn" the resulting  layout to an image file.
+
+ === Support For Hierarchical Storage Management ===
+
+ It'd be nice to be able to add hierarchical storage management capabilities to the VFS.

  (add your wishes here)