commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introducing commons-skin
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:07:08 GMT

> Martin Cooper wrote:
> > On 12/27/06, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Looks good - nice work :)
> >>
> >> Only bit that leaps out to me as missing are the little arrows to
> >> symbolize external links. We may not care.
> >

> > Actually, I like those. :-)
> >
> > A couple of things I noticed:
> >
> > * The "Docs for 2.2" is missing. Personally, I think it's important to
> know
> > the version that I'm looking at, so I hope that can be put back.
>
> I'll see if that is available in M2, but that is not part of the skin.

Right. Sorry, I was just spotting differences between the pages I was
looking at, and not really thinking skin versus non-skin.

If it's in there it is an addition to site.xml, which for commons-lang
> is just something I put together quickly for now. We should however
> create a "parent" site.xml for all of commons. This gets inherited,
> published and versioned along side of our parent pom.xml. But that's an
> issue for another thread :)
>
> > * The current page now shows in the menu as black, and looks the same as
> > menu heading. Previously it was bolded blue, which made it a distinct
> style
> > from other items and from the headers.
>
> Yes, hmm. The current page is no longer a link, like it was in M1, so I
> was reluctant to change it to a "link-like" color. It should be doable
> though, if you feel strongly about it. Perhaps a slightly lighter shade
> of gray rather than black?

I'm not sure I would say I feel _strongly_ about it, but I think it would be
good for the current page to have a distinct style, whatever that might be.
A different colour, an underscore, a background colour - I'm not that
fussed. Just not blinking, please. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper