commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r479411 - /jakarta/commons/proper/digester/trunk/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 01:23:12 GMT
On 11/26/06, simon.kitching@xtra.co.nz <simon.kitching@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> I'd like to see it made clear in the release notes that digester 1.8 will
> work fine with the same dependencies as 1.7, ie that people can upgrade
> digester.jar without updating anything else. Of course we can *recommend*
> more modern libs, but knowing a simple upgrade works is very important.
>
> I'm also worried about a dependency on 1.1.0 due to the bad maven2 pom.
> Won't this pull in all the concrete logging libs if someone depends on JCL?
> I don't have time to verify this right now, but believe it's true. If so, I
> would definitely prefer to point to 1.0.4 over 1.1.0.

Even though this only affects downstream users who use Maven?  But that by
itself is reason enough we should *really* push out a 1.1.1 of C-L, even if
it fixes only the POM.  There's so much other goodness (thanks for all
that!) and bugfixes that it would be a shame to not encourage people to use
it.

Regards,

> Simon

Craig