commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Digester] Change of Maven Group Id
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 23:23:03 GMT

> On 11/24/06, Craig McClanahan <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I presume that this is being done as part of some Commons-wide policy
> > change?  If so, it's incumbent on us to clearly document the impact of
> this
> > change on downstream users, because it is going to be pretty disruptive
> > until all downstream users have rev'd their POMs to reflect the new
> > versions.
>
> It shouldn't be disruptive at all if the artifacts are properly
> "relocated" in the Maven repo.

Does that mean that you will be able to use
commons-digester:commons-digester:1.8 *or*
org.apache.commons:commons-digester:1.8 after Digester 1.8 is released?

For a specific example, consider an app that uses, say, Shale and MyFaces
1.1.4.  Even if we update the Shale dependency to the new groupId, an
application will still inherit a transitive dependency on the old version
until a new MyFaces release with an updated dependency.

Does the "relocation" take care of this?

Craig

ISTR Dennis Lundberg was working on it.