commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Digester] Maven2 POM Questions and Proposals
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 01:37:18 GMT

> Craig McClanahan wrote:

> >> so I

> 0.062
> >> org.apache.commons.digester.NodeCreateRuleTestCase)
> >> >>>

> org.apache.commons.digester.NodeCreateRuleTestCase.testNonNamespacedAttribute
> >>
> >> (NodeCreateRuleTestCase.java:437)

> details

> >> I'm running Sun Java 1.4.2_13 on Win XP.
> >> Will investigate some more...
> >

> > Works for me as well (Sun Java 1.5.0_09 on Win XP).
> >
> > Craig
>
> This is most peculiar!
>
> I installed Sun Java 1.5.0_09 ant ran
>    mvn test
> and it works just fine.
>
> If I run with 1.4.2_13 it fails.

Hmm ... might have a JDK difference issue here.  Is this still the same
failure you reported before?

------------------------------
Test set: org.apache.commons.digester.NodeCreateRuleTestCase
Tests run: 9, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.062
sec <<< FAILURE!
testNonNamespacedAttribute(
org.apache.commons.digester.NodeCreateRuleTestCase)
 Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
       at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
       at junit.framework.Assert.assertNotNull(Assert.java:220)
       at junit.framework.Assert.assertNotNull(Assert.java:213)
       at
org.apache.commons.digester.NodeCreateRuleTestCase.testNonNamespacedAttribute
(NodeCreateRuleTestCase.java:437)

If I use Maven 1 with 1.4.2_13 like this
>    maven test
> it also works.

Do we know for sure that the m1 build actually runs this particular test?  I
don't (yet) have m1 installed, so I haven't been able to try that variation
-- that'll have to change if we're going to release based on the m1 build.

--
> Dennis Lundberg

Craig