commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] Release artifacts and RCs (was Re: Validator 1.3.1 Release)
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:20:20 GMT
<snip/>

> Follow up comment on something I missed (and will apply to Rahul's digester
> release candidate as well).  Are you planning on respinning the bits with
> the correct version number (1.3.1 instead of 1.3.1-RC1) before the actual
> vote?  I prefer to vote on the real bits for an actual release.

<snap/>

Yes, thats how its done. However, it needs to change, IMO.

We could up the version numbers when it comes time to vote and point
to the exact set of bits in the vote (but leave the tagging to until
the vote passes -- assumes the "release workflow" to be 1 or more RCs
followed by 1 or more votes).

The m2 equivalent of staging.

-Rahul