commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt] final checks on RC2
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2006 19:57:02 GMT
On 11/25/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>

> You might trying pinging Carlos Sanchez - hes given feedback on
> improving the project.xml to help m2 in the past.
>
> I asked Wendy Smoak (who knows way more about maven/m2 than me) to
> look at these "scopes" and she thinks they look good.

<snap/>

While more eyes are always appreciated, as I understand it, there are
really only three things here, that need to be looked at:

 * dependency/properties/scope becomes the m2 scope (must be marked
provided, test whenever its the case)

 *dependency/properties/optional = true gets excluded from downstream
transitive deps (even though it may be compile scoped)

 * dependency/type = plugin gets ignored

Is there anything else?

-Rahul