commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [logging] 1.1.1? (was Re: Digester 1.8-RC1 available)
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:21:32 GMT
On 11/19/06, Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 19:36 -0500, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> > What work are you referring to? As a point release, we should focus on
> > things fixed + pom update (also fixed). What else?
>
> I'm not aware of anything that's outstanding (exception LOGGING-111,
> awaiting feedback from original poster).

<snip/>

OK, thanks Simon (and thanks Dennis).

> Oh, and we should move logging to the maven2 nightly build list. I'm
> surprised that logging builds with maven1 at all, but it certainly
> doesn't run the unit tests. Either ant or maven2 should be used for
> building nightlies.

<snap/>

Moving has (at least) the following pre-reqs:

 * Make sure the integration-tests get run (not sure if that requires
special casing the nightly script, it'll be nice to be able to do
without it)

 * Provide assembly descriptors (bin and src)

> > > The problem
> > > with JCL releases is that they are hard to do and hard to test, so take
> > > quite a bit of time to get done.
> > >
> > <snip/>
> >
> > Yup, it will help if someone familiar with logging RMs it.
>
> Robert???? Yoohoo.....
>
> If Robert Donkin is not available I guess I could do it, but I know how
> awkward the release is; not sure when I could find time to do this.
> Getting java 1.2 running on my machine would be the first goal..

<snip/>

OK, I'll go ahead with the digester vote per plan.

-Rahul