commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] releases
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 00:43:40 GMT
> This is cool - we're active enough that our internal dependencies are
> now important for release prioritizing. Sure a pain - but a good sign
> of activity.
>
> So, here's the ones I know of:
>
> Logging 1.1.1
> Digester 1.8
> IO 1.3
> Betwixt 0.8
> DbUtils 1.1
> FileUpload 1.2
> Discovery 0.4
>
> Any missing?

<snip/>

SCXML 0.6 (though not necessarily urgent, theres enough to warrant it
-- can wait a few months -- but its on my mind).

> Seems that logging 1.1.1 is a blocker for digester, betwixt and
> discovery; and IO is a blocker for fileupload. And digester is a
> blocker for betwixt.

<snap/>

I don't know if digester is a blocker for betwixt (in that it doesn't
need any 1.8 functionality, OTOH SCXML 0.6 does, I've bundled in a
CustomDigester class in the nightlies).

> So sounds like we should get logging 1.1.1 out asap, IO 1.3 out soon,
> dbutils can go whenever. ???
>
> Is it worth thinking about things like this?

<snip/>

Release dependency graphs are real. They require us to pay this kind
of attention.

-Rahul