commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Validator 1.3.1 Release
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:38:07 GMT
> On 11/28/06, Craig McClanahan <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 11/28/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > ------------
> > > [X] +1  I support this release
> > > [ ] +0
> > > [ ] -0
> > > [ ] -1  I do not support this release because...
> > > ------------
> >
> > Inspected the artifacts, they all look good.  Also passes the Shale
> > Validator unit tests with 1.3.1-RC1, once I added oro as a test-time
> > dependency (due to its use in several of the validators that were tested),
> > which was not necessary with 1.3.0.  Nitpick -- maybe highlight this in
> > the release notes (instead of just in the Maven1 project.xml file)?

I will add a note to release notes for this.

> Follow up comment on something I missed (and will apply to Rahul's digester
> release candidate as well).  Are you planning on respinning the bits with
> the correct version number (1.3.1 instead of 1.3.1-RC1) before the actual
> vote?  I prefer to vote on the real bits for an actual release.

I wasn't planning to as its not the procedure[1] Commons is currently
using. I agree that this is a weakness, since theres potential for
mistakes when the final release is cut. This needs commons to agree a
policy change though.

Thanks for your feedback - much appreciated.

Niall

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html