commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Digester 1.8-RC1 available
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 04:56:20 GMT
> On 11/26/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 11/17/06, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~rahul/commons/digester/
> > >
> > > Notes:
> > >  * The site requires manual "installation" of the 1.8 directory on the
> > > webserver; since this can't/shouldn't be done until the release vote
> > > actually passes, there are several 404s on the site home page (that
> > > will get filled in)
> > >  * Going to JCL 1.1 we should be aware of  MEV-392 [1], and whether
> > > that warrants staying at 1.0.4
> > >
> > > Planning on leaving this thread "open" for a week, before the next RC or vote.
> >
> > I know you're planning another RC, but I thought I'd add my comments
> > anyway (looks pretty good to me).
> >
> <snip/>
>
> First, many thanks for the immaculate review of the recent RCs Niall.
> Its great to have this kind of detailed feedback.

Hey your'e welcome - digester was easy as you did a good job! Sorry I
just realized I made comments but didn't indicate that none of them
were issues for the release.

> > - I just fixed the links to the mail archive.
> >    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=479279
> >
> <snap/>
>
> Thanks.
>

> > - Why does digester only ship the JavaDocs in the binary distro (the
> > maven.xml actually deletes all the other docs from the binary)?
> >
> <snip/>
>
> Don't know, I read the comment above that <preGoal> and took it FWIW.

Doh! I looked at why they wern't there - but didn't read the comment :-(

> Dist'ing the entire site will have some broken links (for reasons
> mentioned in the post at the top of this thread). It should be
> possible to make those hyperlinks absolute (ofcourse, still won't work
> offline).

Its not an issue for me - but I was just wondering why - sorry for the noise.

> > - The release notes say the dependencies haven't changed - but the
> > dependencies report now says Logging 1.1
> >
> <snap/>
>
> I've changed the text of the dependencies section (removed the one
> line which was potentially confusing IMO). Does this [1] look better?
> If not, what changes would you suggest?

Looks good to me, thanks.

Niall