commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt] final checks on RC2
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:23:19 GMT
On 11/23/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 19:53 +0000, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > thanks to everyone who commented on RC1
> >
> > i've now cut an RC2 based on the feedback and uploaded the artifacts
> > (only) to http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/. please
> > check them.
> >
> > unless issues emerge, i'll finish off the process (javadocs, signatures
> > and so on) and move to a VOTE.
>
> no further reports so i'll move towards a vote soon

Sorry Robert, kept meaning to look at the rc, but not finding time -
couple of comments:

1) The "xdocs" are missing from the source distro
2)  Adding "scope" elements to the xerces, xml-apis and junit
dependencies in the project.xml will probably help maven 2 downstream
users by not pulling in those dependencies
3) Don't know why, but everyone seems to have changed mail archive
from eyebrowse
4) Add md5 checksums to the build would make creating the release easier.

I'll create a patch to fix all of the above in a minute - leave it up
to you whether you think they need actioning before the release (IMO
if you do include them I don't think it needs another RC).

Overall though looks good to release to me.

Niall