commons-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [all] Release artifacts and RCs (was Re: Validator 1.3.1 Release)
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:28:11 GMT
Hi,

I am release manager of ant.

I *presuppose* a positive vote when I do a build, and the public
version number is preset in advance everywhere including in the SVN tag.

For instance on Sunday, December 10, I will build the release
candidate which will hopefully become Ant 1.7.0.
Everything, including SVN tag, will be done in advance with this
version number. The only thing is because of the habit of voting on
actual bits, the
binaries will not go to /www/www.apache.org until December 17 when
the vote thread will be finished. Or if there is a failing vote they
will go nowhere,
and the SVN tag will be moved when we think we can do a new build.

Even the documentation which is included in the release must contain
the actual release date, so the doc included in the binaries on Dec
10 will mention in advance a release date of Dec 17.
Otherwise the binaries would have to change between the vote on the
release candidate and the actual release which I would not like.

Regards,

Antoine