commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: Release commons-fileupload 1.2
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:35:43 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 11/26/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, Niall,
>>
>> On 11/26/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I would have preferred the release be cut using maven1 rather than m2.
>> > The maven1 build is tried and tested and the gripes of those of us
>> > that checked out previous releases have been fixed in the maven1
>> > build. I guess that doesn't matter if the release is up to scratch but
>> > would be interested to know if others think we're ready for releases
>> > using m2 yet?
>>
>> See for example
>>

>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=115714503628112&w=2
>>     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=115719054100004
>
> In those threads Phil points out that the Maven-2 sites need to look
> the same as the current Commons sites.
>
> There are a couple of sandbox components using Maven-2 sites as a test
> - csv is one; but the css isn't right yet. Dennis (I think) talked
> about needing a commons skin for Maven-2.

Yep, that's correct. The component sites generated by Maven 2 is not yet
up to par with the one's done by Maven 1. In my opinion more work is
needed before we can use Maven 2 to generate and publish our sites.
Setting up a commons-skin is the "right way" to go, but I have so far
been unsuccessful in creating one.

<snip/>

--
Dennis Lundberg