commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-proper POM 1
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:09:49 GMT
Simon Kitching wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 22:02 +0200, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>> Currently there is only a SNAPSHOT POM for commons proper: In other
>> words, a release of commons-fileupload can only choose to ignore the
>> hierarchy and derive from the Apache POM directly or it can wait for
>> an official release of the commons-proper POM, it's natural parent.
>> The latter is what we vote about.
>
> This thread from 12 October 2006 appears to have tailed off without
> conclusion:
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=116066318700003&r=1&w=2
>
> As far as I can see, all the issues that were raised were fixed thanks
> to hard work by Jochen Wiedmann. People were sounding pretty positive
> about the final state of this file. Rahul suggested starting a new Vote
> thread for clarity as the first one had a lot of discussion happening
> but I can't see that one occurred.
>
> See also:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/

I've had another look at the parent pom, and it looks good. There is
however one thing that needs to be changed and that is the path in the
scm section. We need to append "/commons-parent/" to all three of the
sub elements, because it has been moved in the repo. I'll take care of that.

> I'm hoping to get a release of commons-digester out sometime soon, and
> it would be good to have maven2 support. However it's pretty ugly to
> point at a parent pom with SNAPSHOT version, as builds of that release
> aren't repeatable; the parent pom can change.

If the release is made with Maven 2, the release will fail if there are
any dependencies on SNAPSHOT versions.

--
Dennis Lundberg