commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Digester] Change of Maven Group Id
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 23:19:07 GMT
> On 11/24/06, Craig McClanahan <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I presume that this is being done as part of some Commons-wide policy
> > change?  If so, it's incumbent on us to clearly document the impact of this
> > change on downstream users, because it is going to be pretty disruptive
> > until all downstream users have rev'd their POMs to reflect the new
> > versions.
>
> It shouldn't be disruptive at all if the artifacts are properly
> "relocated" in the Maven repo.
>
> ISTR Dennis Lundberg was working on it.

In the meantime though, we have 12 components with org.apache.commons
and 22 with the original (for some value of 12 and 22). Anyone against
rolling them back to the original group ids? Discovery, Digester,
DbUtils and Betwixt are all close to release and it sounds like we're
not ready to release that way yet.

Hen