commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Nightly builds
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 22:57:17 GMT
Pondering future nightly build stuff:

* I'd like to only build when there's been a change in svn in the last
24 hours. Much nicer on the build machine, but it does mean we then
have to report on success/failure somewhere.

* Would be nice to create a local repository, then rsync it over to
people.apache rather than going direct. It'd keep the cleaning crontab
on the build side, and mean we can do some more interesting things.

* I'd like to generate nightly javadoc too. I've an unpacked javadoc
repository now on people, so I'd move that over to a nightly build
machine and put multidoc on top of both our historical javadoc and the
latest snapshot (thanks to whichever user was asking for that - tis a
good idea).

* Probably other stuff. There's always a danger here of creating a
product, but on the other hand we get to do some nice custom stuff
that matches what we need.

Hen