commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Major versions require package name change
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:06:26 GMT
I think the point is that we don't think this should be mandated and
up to the individual project teams to decide what they want to do.  I
would agree that this option should be standardized (appending the
major release version number to the package name) so that folks know
what's going on if it does happen.  Requiring every project to do so
seems a bit heavy-handed, though.  If this were a requirement for
every major release, then I think folks would be hesitant to do a
major release.