commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-proper POM 1
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:09:44 GMT
On 10/16/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/16/06, Dion Gillard <dion.gillard@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm -1 on it as it stands, as I have a few problems with the proposed POM:
>
> Ok, you have just convinced me that it is better to make the next
> release of commons-fileupload without waiting for the availability of
> the commons-parent POM. :-(
>
> I haven't got any objections against you arguments, but it's nasty
> asking several times whether "we are ready" and now getting blocking
> votes again.

<snip/>

No, its not.

I believe many of us try to follow developments when feedback is
requested, but its not feasible every time. We want as many
participants as are interested to look at things and get involved, and
do so whenever their schedule allows for it. Its likely that some may
not get a chance before the vote is called. I would tend to agree with
you, if numerous votes had been called on this topic already.

Procedurally, this vote thread has lost its clarity. Some have voted,
changes have been made to the release artifact thereafter, and others
have voted on the changed artifact. Suggest you close this vote and
start another vote with a slightly different subject (so we can easily
distinguish the two threads). Personally, within the initial email in
the vote thread, I'd be glad to see:
a) svn revision number at which the POM is to be released
b) closing date and time of vote

Thanks for your time spent on this.
-Rahul