commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r462772 - /jakarta/commons/proper/io/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/io/FileUtils.java
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:39:54 GMT
On 10/11/06, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> niallp@apache.org wrote:
> > Remove unused import of UnsupportedEncodingException and modify javadoc
> references to that class to use fully qualified name.
>
> I wouldn't exactly describe it as unused, as it was used by the javadoc.
> I guess our IDEs must differ because this wasn't showing as a problem
> for me.

<snip/>

True, eclipse-based tooling doesn't seem to flag it (by default), but
code checkers like checkstyle do (by default). I prefer to leave such
imports in, but its one of those things that can probably be chalked
off to being a matter of taste (and thereby, conformance to existing
style).

-Rahul