commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release commons-proper POM 1
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:27:51 GMT
Hi Dion,

Dion Gillard wrote on Monday, October 16, 2006 1:40 PM:

> I'm -1 on it as it stands, as I have a few problems with the proposed
> POM:
>
> - remove brett@apache.org as the continuum email address and make it
> commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> - why do we need a dummy repository?
> - what value does the scm section provide to inheriters?

Good, that you asked for this, since the entries are wrong. Normally a submodule inherits
the URL and the submodule's artifactId is appended. This does not apply here (ignoring the
fact, that the artifactId will produce a wrong Subversion path anyway), since this POM has
an own release cycle. Therefore it needs a SCM section, but for its own purpose i.e. the URLs
have to point the trunk (otherwise the release plugin would fail to place the released version
into the proper place in Subversion too).

> - When building distributions the notice.txt is placed in the top
> level of the generated archive - is it possible to get this in there
> somehow too? - Is it possible to get the m2 bug fixed which forces us
> to use a whole slew of ant xml to copy over various resources?
>
> Any hope of getting these answered?

Therefore I am also -1

- Jörg