commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua ChaitinPollak <jpol...@kivasystems.com>
Subject Compiling Finder
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:30:38 GMT
Hello,

I'm having trouble understanding how to compile the commons-finder
package. I've checked out commons-io and commons-finder from SVN, and
I can compile io using ant, but finder doesn't have a build.xml.

Pardon my stupidity, but I'm a maven newbie and I don't really
understand the concept of repositories yet. When I run 'mvn compile'
from finder, I see:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.commons:commons-sandbox:1-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache.m1
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot
org.apache.commons:commons-sandbox:1-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved
from repo
sitory: apache.m1 due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'apache.m1' will be blacklisted
[INFO]
----
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.commons
ArtifactId: commons-sandbox
Version: 1-SNAPSHOT

   org.apache.commons:commons-sandbox:pom:1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   apache.m1 (http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/)

[INFO]
----
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: POM
'org.apache.commons:commons-sandbox' not found in repository: Unable t
o download the artifact from any repository

   org.apache.commons:commons-sandbox:pom:1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   apache.m1 (http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/)

         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects
(DefaultMaven.java:365)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
278)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced
(Launcher.java:315)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode
(Launcher.java:430)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: POM
'org.apache.commons:commons-sandbox' not found in reposito
ry: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

   org.apache.commons:commons-sandbox:pom:1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   apache.m1 (http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/)

         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromReposit
ory(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:429)
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage
(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:986)
         at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build
(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:593)
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFile(
DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:303)
         at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build
(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:274)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject
(DefaultMaven.java:515)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects
(DefaultMaven.java:447)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects
(DefaultMaven.java:351)
         ... 11 more
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException: Unable
to download the artifact from any repository

   org.apache.commons:commons-sandbox:pom:1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   apache.m1 (http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/)

         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve
(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:136)
         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve
(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:63)
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromReposit
ory(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:386)
         ... 18 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException:
Unable to download the artifact from any repository
         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact
(DefaultWagonManager.java:260)
         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve
(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:124)
         ... 20 more
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Oct 25 20:28:55 GMT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]
----

--