commons-dev mailing list archives

From Susanne Lefvert <lefv...@mcs.anl.gov>
Subject Re: TLS for FTP
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:33:33 GMT

On Oct 30, 2006, at 10:48 AM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:

> Susanne Lefvert wrote:
>> Ok, I'll give this a try. Just fyi, I'm running the client in
>> passive mode but I still get this error. These are the commands
>> I'm using:
>> FTPSClient ftps = new FTPSClient(true);
>> ftps.addProtocolCommandListener(new PrintCommandListener(log));
>> ftps.connect(host, port);
>> ftps.login(user, password);
>> ftps.enterLocalPassiveMode();
>> ftps.execPROT("P");
>> ftps.setFileType(FTP.BINARY_FILE_TYPE);
>> ftps.storeFile(file.getName(), input);
>> ftps.logout();
>> ftps.disconnect();
>
> What's the error you're seeing?
>
> The major difference between my code and yours is that you running
> with implicit security. If I turned that on and configure FtpServer
> to use a SSLFtpSocketFactory it does work for me. This is still in
> my Eclipse environment. The passive mode however, also works in my
> Maven build.

The first upload works, on the second upload the server just hangs on
the PASV command. Here's the print from the client:

      [java] 31303 [Thread-5] INFO  (PrintCommandListener.java:23)
sidgrid.upload.UploadThread  - null: 200 Command PROT okay.
      [java] 31304 [Thread-5] INFO  (PrintCommandListener.java:18)
sidgrid.upload.UploadThread  - TYPE: TYPE I
      [java] 31309 [Thread-5] INFO  (PrintCommandListener.java:23)
sidgrid.upload.UploadThread  - null: 200 Command TYPE okay.
      [java] 31310 [Thread-5] INFO  (PrintCommandListener.java:18)
sidgrid.upload.UploadThread  - PASV: PASV

Is there a way to get logging from the ftp server?