commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Kestle <stephen.kes...@orionhealth.com>
Subject Re: [collections] Generifying Collections
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 02:15:02 GMT
I for one would like to see the getInstance() methods renamed to
getClassName().  With java 5 static importing, it enables concise
construction/getting without specifying the class name.  It's short,
highly readable, and most of the time the generic types can be inferred.

It's things like this that require a rewrite/break with previous
compatibility.  Let alone the methods that can't have sensible returns
because they're void at the moment.

Cheers

Stephen