commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Kestle <stephen.kes...@orionhealth.com>
Subject Re: [collections] Generifying Collections
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:58:57 GMT
(Ok - how bizarre - I sent this mail yesterday (2 days?), but it went
nowhere...)

Definitely.  It's built to be as api compatible as possible with
collections, while upgrading to generics.  It's also going through the
process of making it easier to use from a generics side of things
(doesn't give as many compiler warnings).

There are a few things that I have noticed that have been deprecated
prematurely, but it's way ahead of just converting the code to generics.

Let's get going on this... I have a whole heap of architecture tickets I
want to open (can't against the sourceforge project, as it's api
compatible :)

AND they've been wanting to get into the sandbox for a while, but there
hasn't been the community to support it (from what I can see)...

Cheers

Stephen