commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: [jira] Commented: (NET-114) [net] Unix parser not handling filenames beginning with whitespace
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2006 19:57:02 GMT
David Kocher (JIRA) wrote:
>     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NET-114?page=comments#action_12442207 ] 
>             
> David Kocher commented on NET-114:
> ----------------------------------
> 
> 
>    [[ Old comment, sent by email on Sun, 27 Aug 2006 16:53:31 +0200 (CEST) ]]
> 
> (This is an automated response you will receive only once.)
> 
> I am currently travelling and emails are replied to with a considerable time lag only.
If you are having trouble with Cyberduck, please have a look at the help pages [1] and discuss
your problem on the forum [2]. If you discovered a bug or would like to request a feature,
please open a ticket [3] for it, so I don't forget about.
> 
> If you are curious about my journey, have a look at my blog [4] which might reveal some
tidbits ;)
> 
> Thanks for your patience!
> ~David Kocher
> 
> [1] http://help.cyberduck.ch/
> [2] http://forum.cyberduck.ch/
> [3] http://trac.cyberduck.ch/newticket/
> [4] http://sudo.ch/~dkocher/
> 
> 
>> [net] Unix parser not handling filenames beginning with whitespace
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>                 Key: NET-114
>>                 URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NET-114
>>             Project: Commons Net
>>          Issue Type: Bug
>>         Environment: Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3
>> Platform: All
>>            Reporter: David Kocher
>>            Priority: Minor
>>
>> Filenames beginning with whitespace (such as " filename") are not parsed correctly.
Currently any 
>> whitespace between the date and filename is ignored. However one can probably assume
there is only 
>> one whitespace character between the date and the filename and any additional whitespace
is part of 
>> the filename. (This is an assumption made from my experience with different ftp server

>> implementations)
>> ===============================================================
>> ====
>> --- UnixFTPEntryParser.java     (revision 208907)
>> +++ UnixFTPEntryParser.java     (working copy)
>> @@ -101,9 +101,9 @@
>>             year (for non-recent standard format) 
>>                    or time (for numeric or recent standard format  
>>                 */
>> -               + "(\\d+(?::\\d+)?)\\s+"
>> +               + "(\\d+(?::\\d+)?)\\s"
>>          
>> -               + "(\\S*)(\\s*.*)";
>> +               + "(\\s*\\S*)(\\s*.*)";
>>  
>>  
>>      /**
> 
I can see your point, and yet part of me insists on asking "what possible 
justification is there for naming a file with one or more spaces at the 
beginning"?  This seems to me as remote, if not more remote, than the 
possibility that somewhere, some FTP server is coded so as to allow the use of 
more than one space between the different pieces of information in an FTP listing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message