commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dbutils] What are requirements for a 1.1 release? No recent project development.
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 06:45:02 GMT
> Alan Canon wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I am using the "nightly build" version of commons-dbutils (present
> > release build is 1.0, and it has problems that make it unsuitable for
> > use.) I noticed that there has not been much activity on dbutils
> > recently. Is there a need for additional effort on this project? (i.e.,
> > if I become a contributor, can I help things along?) What would it take
> > to get a point release made?
> >

> > Alan Canon
>
> Hi Alan
>
> First on the agenda would be to go through issues in JIRA:
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBUTILS
>
> Look at what has been assigned to the 1.1 release and see if you help
> out with any of them. Start with the bugs.

+1.

Patches to issues under the 1.1 version, recommendations that we move
issues out of the 1.1 version (new-feature requests usually) and
patches/recommendations that we move features into the 1.1 release.

A summary email is also good - how many bugs left, which are difficult
and which are easy. The summary is also a good way to prod on patches
which should be applied.

If no one else is able to volunteer, I happily volunteer to make the
actual release on any commons component provided that there's more
than just me involved.

Hen