commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons JEXL 1.1
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 21:23:39 GMT
Thanks to everyone's feedback so far. Sorry, I was away over the
weekend, couldn't reply sooner. Consolidating couple of replies in
one:

> Looks good to me.  +1 assuming build has been tested on 1.2, which is
> what the jar manifest specifies.

<snip/>

The necessary compiler source/target settings are set at 1.2, however
we discussed [1] that a 1.3 build would be acceptable before we went
down this route. In any case, if anyone has 1.2 lying around (I don't)
and wants to do any testing, we can extend this vote for another
couple of days. Please let me know.

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=115500076427917&w=2

> One small nit, which you could do without another RC, IMO, or ignore:
>
> The checkstyle report is not clean.  One real javadoc error is
> flagged, some missing javadoc, missing package javadoc for a couple of
> packages, and some bogus complaints. I would recommend either fixing
> all of the errors, modifying checkstyle.xml, or dropping the report
> from the doc included in the distribution.
>
> Phil

<snap/>

On 9/4/06, Dion Gillard <dion.gillard@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rahul,
>
> I'll start looking at the checkstyle config and issues if you're happy
> with that?

<snip/>

Phil is correct in pointing out that they be fixed, but IMO, which
side of 1.1 that happens on is secondary -- as long as it happens.
Doing it later gives us a clean process now (ideally, no mods between
voting and a release, and though we have practical considerations, not
sure we should exercise those in this case). Ofcourse, if I'm the only
one who thinks that way, please go ahead ;-)

-Rahul