commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons and Maven 2 (Was: VOTE: Migrate commons-fileupload to Maven 2)
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 15:54:10 GMT
On 9/3/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> Phil Steitz wrote:
>
> > current released plugin versions would be most appreciated.  Where, by
> > the way, are you getting the maven-changes-plugin for [fileupload]?
>
> Oops, you are right! I am using a snapshot version myself.
>
> I have asked for a release on dev@maven.apache.org in order to get this
> fixed.

OK - I guess that's why I couldn't find it ;-)  I assume the latest
(released) site plugin (2.0-beta-5) is OK to use, right?

I also figured out what is going on with the menus / style stuff.  The
sanbox components are inheriting this from the commons-sandbox POM.
If we want to use this approach to standardize the l & f of all of the
sites for m2, we need to add site resources to trunks-proper as well.
 Until reading http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/howto.html,
I did not realize that site configuration was packaged with a POM.
Seems odd to me and not obvious that we would want to release this
config with the parent POM.  Is there a way that we can achieve the
same effect (make it easy for component sites to reuse menus / style
info) without tightly coupling the site config with the parent POM?
We need to be able to build and deploy the component sites
independently.

Phil