commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <>
Subject Re: Commons and Maven 2 (Was: VOTE: Migrate commons-fileupload to Maven 2)
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:56:44 GMT
On 9/2/06, Jochen Wiedmann <> wrote:
> On 9/2/06, Phil Steitz <> wrote:
> > > - It defines a resource set with the NOTICE.txt and LICENSE.txt. I understand
> > >   the rationale, but unfortunately that triggers a bug in the
> > > maven-source-plugin:
> > >   It ignores the ínclude/exclude settings when building the source jar. In
> > >   words, it attempts to include the source jar, which is currently
> > > being built ...
> > >

> > I don't get this.  Is there a JIRA ticket for this bug?  This happens
> > whenever you specify resources?
> No, this happens in the particular case, when you specify the projects
> root directory as the resources base directory.
We should find a workaround for this; otherwise remove the resources
spec in the parent and handle getting the required files into the jars
at the component level with antrun or somesuch.
> > >  - How are the profiles "release" and "rc" being activated?
> >
> > They need to be activated on the command line using -Prelease, -Prc.
> Ah, that's good to know!
I will add some comments to the commons pom itself and once things
have stabilized, add a maven 2 section (or I guess rewrite these pages
for m2) to the "building.." and "releasing..." pages to doc all of
this (unless, of course, someone else beats me to it :-).

The idea was to force the deployer to explicitly ack that s/he wants
to deploy to the rsynched repo.  We do this for m1 jar releases using
 maven -Dmaven.repo.list=apache.releases jar:deploy
with the second parameter overriding the default set in project.propterties.

Thanks for your help / feedback on the pom.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message